NEW WINE COMMUNITY CHURCH
A covenant is a promise by which we obligate ourselves to one another in such a way that the obligation of one party is not dependent on the faithfulness of the other party. Unlike a contract it’s unconditional for the participants. Ezek 20:44; Ps 76:11; 2 Tim 2:13
In the Bible, God established Covenant with His people; God made the covenant of the rainbow with Noah Gen 9:12-13; God made the covenant with Moses at Mt Sinai Ex 19:5-6; God made covenant with Abraham Gen 15. God’s covenant is made up of significant parts: 1. Vows; 2. Conditions; 3. Promises; and 4. Signs of the Covenant. God’s people also made covenant with each other, David and Jonathan… 1 Samuel 18:3. In the New Covenant, Jesus’ Divine Exchange on the Cross, the Maker of the Covenant is the Keeper of the Covenant. Heb12:2
At New Wine Community Church we know and understand that our Lord instructs us in His Holy Word that God keeps His promises and covenants with us; and we are to keep our promises and covenants with each other by His grace. 2 Cor 1:20; Gal 3:15
What is a Covenant?
At New Wine Community Church we offer and encourage Covenant Membership with each other in our promise and commitment to love God and love each other. Our covenant relationship represents our commitment to worship together, study the Bible together, to live life together, all united by our common faith and common inheritance, in Jesus Christ. Matt 22:37-39; Acts 2:42-47; Eph 4:4-6
We do not use the term Church Membership because we become a member of the Church, the Body of Christ, when we by faith, receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. At that point, we are united to our Lord Jesus Christ and each other. The Bible uses the term member as each member of the Body of Christ is essential to all of the other parts of the Body. 1 Corinthians 12:13-14, 18, 27
At New Wine Community Church we covenant with each other to commit ourselves to the NWCC Core Values and the NWCC Doctrinal Statement of Core Beliefs and we commit not to be divisive over non-essential issues. Eph. 4:2-3; Heb 13:7, 17.
At New Wine Community Church our Membership Covenant is with ‘each other’, and as a Covenant defines our relationship with each other, it is first and most importantly a vow made to our Holy God as a promise that our worship and our love of Him will show His glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31
We are called by God in His Holy Word to live and grow together in Covenant relationships. The phrase “one another” or “each other” are used more than 50 times in the New Testament to: love each other, to pray for each other, to encourage each other, to admonish each other, to teach each other, to accept each other, to honor each other, to submit to each other and to be devoted to each other. 1 Corinthians 12:25; Eph 4:29; Rom 15:7
The Pastors and Directors Covenant with the Members of and all who attend New Wine Community Church
The Covenant Members commitment to all of New Wine Community Church.
- To submit to the inerrancy of the Bible as the final authority on all issues.Ps.119; 2 Tim.3:16-17
- By God’s Grace, to walk in holiness as an act of worship to our Lord, Jesus Christ, who has saved us from our sins so we can live in a new life. 2 Cor. 5:17
- By God’s Grace, to live in a close relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ, through regular Bible reading, prayer, fellowship, and practice of spiritual disciplines. Romans 12:1-2
- By God’s Grace, commit to growing Christian maturity which will be shown by my living in unity with all who attend NWCC; and living a life that glorifies our God. Heb10:23-25; 2 Pet. 1:3; Ps.105:1-2; Ps 109:30; Gal 5:13-15; 22-26
- To steward the resources that God has blessed us with, including our time, talents, and our treasure. This is sacrificial, joyful and voluntary. Gen14:18-20;Prov.3:9-10; Malachi 3:8-12; Rom12:6-8;Eph 5:15-18; I Cor. 16:2; 2 Cor: 8-9 ; I Pet 4:10-11
New Wine Community Church Covenant Membership requirements:
- A personal profession of Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Baptism by immersion as a public symbol of our saving faith and obedience to Scripture
- A signed commitment to covenant with the local Body of Christ, New Wine Community Church.